Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 12, 2018 at 4:10pm
1/12/18 Flash Fiction Challenge Fast Car
by Kimbug
“Go on, open it.”

She took the box that was about the size of a wallet from his hand, untied the pink ribbon from around it and removed the lid. Inside was a set of keys on a remote control fob. Her eyes widened and her mouth opened.

“Is this what I think it is?”

He smiled broadly and motioned toward the window. The silver convertible Mazda Miata was parked in the driveway. Hysterically, she jumped up and down, screaming and laughing.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Take it for a spin.”

He followed her as she ran outside, opened the door and slid behind the wheel. She inhaled the intoxicating new car smell, pressed her foot on the clutch and started the car. It roared to life.

“Hey, aren’t you going to let the top down?”

“And let a bird poop on my head? No way!”

He laughed, “What’s the fun of driving a convertible if you don’t put the top down?”

“Okay, I see your point.” She turned off the switch, got out and they both put the top down. He climbed in the passenger’s seat and she drove, with the music blaring loudly. She honked and waved at the neighbors as she went by. It was always her dream to own a convertible. He was glad he was able to grant her wish. After all, she had made so many sacrifices for them. It was the least he could do.

“This is the best gift, thank you.” She looked at him, tearfully.

“Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.”

260 words
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
1/12/18 Flash Fiction Challenge Fast Car · 01-12-18 4:10pm
by Kimbug

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3155131