Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 12, 2018 at 7:49pm
Entry: The Maverick WC 272
The Maverick
WC 272

I’m a maverick. I always have been, and will continue to be. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be unorthodox, independent-minded.

My mother thought it was a bad thing, until the day she died. She said I was a bad seed, and tried to make me over from the time I was a kid. When I was five years old, I flipped someone the bird and she made me go up to them and apologize. It was a cop, so I guess she had a point.

I got into a lot of trouble as a teenager, but as they say, didn’t we all? They say we’re just learning how to be at that age, finding out who we are. I knew who I was as I was fighting my way out of my mother’s womb, so their theory didn’t apply to me.

Until the day she died, my wife thought being unorthodox was a bad thing. She said I didn’t act like a normal husband. She’d whine at me. “George, why do you…” Fill in the blanks. “Why did you…” Fill in the blanks. And on and on. She knew I was a maverick, a rebel. What did she expect?

So now, as I sit behind the wheel of this stolen Mercedes, I have a decision to make. Do I flip off the cop walking up to the car and tear out of here? Do I shoot him and tear out of here? I’m a darn good shot. Ask my wife. Oh, that’s right, you can’t. Or, do I turn myself in and face the consequences for the many..uh..um… unorthodox things I’ve done?

I open the glove box…
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry: The Maverick WC 272 · 01-12-18 7:49pm
by jackiesmuse

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3155157