*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3155538
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 14, 2018 at 2:03pm
Re: Re: What is your opinion on writing something "new"?
by Past Member 'blimprider'
         Right there with Leger on this. I tend to seek out the innovative stories by reading indies and WdC members as a vast majority of my reading, but here's something to consider: "Hacks" are constantly trying to contrive plots as a form of get-rich-quick exercise, and are constantly on the lookout for some trendy bandwagon that they can jump on. Bookshelves everywhere are groaning under the weight of mediocre authors who have knocked themselves out trying to write the next Twilight or Lord of the Rings. But if you have a story inside that is clawing at the back of your eyeballs to get out, that is in agony to be told, that is your story. It comes from the heart and will drag you along in its wake, desperately trying to write fast enough to keep up. That's the story I want to tell, and the one I want to read!
         Let me add my welcome to WdC, and suggest that this is just the right place for you, a welcoming home for writers where you can immerse yourself in discussions of the Craft, reviews, critiques, suggestions, and grow as a writer in ways you have yet to imagine. Wishing you all the best in your writing endeavors.

Read well, and write better,
*Hotair2* Jack "Blimprider" Tyler *Hotair2*
MESSAGE THREAD
What is your opinion on writing something "new"? · 01-14-18 1:32pm
by Alexandra H.
Re: What is your opinion on writing something "new"? · 01-14-18 1:47pm
by Legerdemain
*Star* Re: Re: What is your opinion on writing something "new"? · 01-14-18 2:03pm
by Past Member 'blimprider'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3155538