*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3159218
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 29, 2018 at 1:24pm
Edited: January 29, 2018 at 1:26pm
Re: Re: Hi, I'm new:)
by A Non-Existent User
Welcome, Buffy! I've only been here a short time myself, and am still wandering around, discovering new places to see and things to do! I also have a small (but growing) portfolio of funny poems n' stuff I'm trying to get folks to read and review. I'm learning the way to get that done, is to put myself out there and do the very same thing for other members.

Ergo, this is my advice to you. Don't be shy! Explore what the site has to offer. Pick out a short story or poem whose subject matter interests you, and read it. I'd recommend for starters, you pick an item by a fellow newbie (like me, for instance). If you like what the author's written, then send them a positive review! Trust me, that will make their day! And it's a great way to make friends!

If you've written stuff already, then get it into your Portfolio! If you're writing a novel ... post Chapter One as soon as it's finished. Enter writing prompt contests. Be brave! Be brazen! Be unabashed! Do everything you can to make people notice (and hopefully read) you! But don't forget, you've got to reciprocate ... "Do unto others ... " n' all that stuff. After all, it's the polite thing to do anyways. Right?

I'm gonna shut up now! I never intended this post to be so long-winded. But oh well, eh? It is what it is.

Good luck, and Happy Writing! See you around! : )
MESSAGE THREAD
Hi, I'm new:) · 01-27-18 12:55pm
by Amelia G. Mcneil
Re: Hi, I'm new:) · 01-27-18 1:57pm
by Angus
Re: Re: Hi, I'm new:) · 01-27-18 2:42pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Hi, I'm new:) · 01-28-18 7:32am
by Zen
*Star* Re: Re: Hi, I'm new:) · 01-29-18 1:24pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3159218