SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3159590
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1786069
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:44pm
February 50/50 info!
Hey guys! First things first...congrats to everyone who has finished (or will finish) this month's 30DBC...it's been great catching up with some familiar faces, as well as getting to know the newer ones.

Both the 30DBC 50/50 and "The 30DBC Mega-Raffle Extravaganza! will be open on Monday, February 5th. I'm still accepting package donations of all shapes and sizes for the Mega-Raffle!! These are two separate events...one's a blogging challenge (the 50/50) and the other is a fundraiser for the "30-Day Bloggers Group and the new Soundtrackers group that will be starting soon.

50/50 Notes:
*Noteb* Month-long participation is not required. You may take part in as few or as many days as you'd like.
*Noteb* But in order to win, you have to post an entry and pay that day's entry fee with your forum post.
*Noteb* You can post an entry without paying the fee, but you won't be eligible to win on the days you don't pay.
*Noteb* Entry fees will vary; they could be anywhere between 500 and 5000 GPs per day. They'll be sent out along with the prompt.
*Noteb* Prompts and fees will be posted nightly by Lyn's a sly fox in the forum (I'll do my best to pin them to the top, but it may not be until the morning after). They will not be mailed out this month.
*Noteb* You'll have approximately 24 hours plus the overnight to complete and submit your entries. For example: Lyn will post the prompt for the 5th on the evening of the 4th, and will draw the winner using the Virtual Dice on the morning of the 6th. Once Lyn posts the winner, that's it; the result is final. You'll have plenty of time to get your entry in; late entries forfeit their chances for that day once the winner has been drawn.
*Noteb* Please include your entry fee with your post. If you do happen to forget, just make a second post. It's all good.
*Noteb* Each day's winner receives half of the paid fees from the day they've won. Pretty simple. For example: Say 10 people enter and the fee is 500 GPs...that's 5000. The winner gets 2500, with the other half going to the group (for anyone unfamiliar with the concept of 50/50).

This is open to everyone in WDC, whether they're part of the "30-Day Bloggers Group or not. As always, if there are any questions/comments/concerns, do not hesitate to ask...please either email me or tag me in a reply to this post. Thank you all for your support, and good luck!

-Norb and Lyn

Orange/Grey Street Cred font.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
February 50/50 info! · 01-30-18 4:44pm
by Fivesixer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Fivesixer.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3159590