*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3170190
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(668)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:46pm
Amateur looking for advice
So here's the thing guys (And I don't even know if this is the right venue):

I'm an amateur writer +++ ; I have no delusions about becoming pro, I have no intentions of making money, I don't even particularly have the desire to be published.

What I do have is a story inside me. I have had it since I was a teenager. I've imagined it, I've fantasized about it, I've lived it in my dreams. I've taken online course ( through Coursera, amongst others) in an attempt to learn how to get it out of my brain.

Recently, I've started to put pen to paper. I have character profiles; I have acts and scenes labeled and chapters numbered. I have locations moved from imagination to physical paper.

How do you start writing? How do you take something you know so intimately in your imagination and put it on paper? How do you quantify this fantasy alternate reality into 90000 words?.

I am intimidated by this, but I have to get it out. I don't particularly care what other people think of it, but it needs to be up to the caliber that I have been living it for the last twenty years.

Any advice?

---> J.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Amateur looking for advice · 03-07-18 11:46pm
by James Abernathy
Re: Amateur looking for advice · 03-08-18 6:36am
by THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS!
Re: Amateur looking for advice · 03-11-18 5:51pm
by Kimbug
Re: Amateur looking for advice · 03-28-18 12:12am
by T

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3170190