Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 20, 2018 at 6:29pm
Daily Flash 20th March - The Bet - WC 290
by Michael
The bet

"How you going?" asked Cooper standing foolishly with a bunch of flowers held in both hands.

Grant looked up at him with a puzzled look from the hospital bed swathed in bandages from head to foot.

"I helped myself to that $200 bet and bought these for you. You were asleep so I helped myself from your wallet," said Cooper.

Grant continued staring at him. "What happened?" he asked quietly, hardly able to speak.

"You bet me you could get across Murphy's Creek with three crocs sleeping on the bank. You swung from a rope, it snapped, and then you ended up here," said Cooper.

Cooper put the flowers down on the bedside cabinet and made himself comfortable on Grant's bed.

"Murphy's creek?" asked Grant laying back down and staring at the ceiling.

" We were fishing and had a few cold beers and saw the crocs. You bet me you could get to the other side. Only the rope snapped and you fell in and hit a rock. I had to rescue you mate. Jumped in quick and got you before they did."

Grant groaned. He didn't know anything about fishing, crocodiles or bets. He didn't remember getting smashed up on rocks.

Then another man appeared in the room.

"Grant mate! How you going?"

Grant looked at him and recognised his brother. "Cooper said I tried crossing Murphy's creek."

"You did! You fell in, hit the rocks, saw the crocs getting ready for a feed and then swam like hell before you collapsed on the other side. Cooper drove round to get you while I got the rifle in case they got close."

Grant looked at Cooper. "So I did make it. Put my money back and pay up."
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Daily Flash 20th March - The Bet - WC 290 · 03-20-18 6:29pm
by Michael

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173341