(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 21, 2018 at 5:41pm
Edited: March 21, 2018 at 5:45pm
The Weed - 295 words
I returned from lunch and as i was passing my supervisors desk, she spoke to me. ‘We got the files; they are very heavy feel the weight’. I turned around and went to lift the box of files. Her anxious expression indicating a hope that I would be as weak as she. I lifted the files, they were heavy but I had lifted heavier, carrying this would be no problem. Her anxious expression glued on me. This petit lady about 5 foot 2, her tiny fingers resting on her desk, waiting like a student on an exam result. Her grey suit should have made her look powerful; instead it seemed to make her appear weaker. Could I humiliate her? No! ‘They are heavy enough, you will have fun with these and you’ll never catch me near them!!’ says I. The anxious expression was replaced with a smile as I made my way to my desk.
‘Oh you got the files’ spots Edith, a frumpy 5 foot 7 supervisor an individual whom evidence showed my boss was intimidated and afraid of. ‘Oh Edith, we did, they were very heavy, it took two colleagues to carry them!’.
However my bosses attempt to hide her physical weakness, was in vain. ‘Jen is a weed, she can’t lift anything!’ piped up Valerie. ‘I did carry them’ whined my boss ‘yeah out the office door and then you handed them to me!’.
Oh please!! please!! for once do not be afraid to stand up for yourself I asked myself; but silence!!. Edith walked off saying nothing, the weakling she could intimidate, now humiliated.
Valerie delighted, putting Jen on the lowest rung of the alpha female tree. This intelligent flower, not allowed to flourish instead been trampled on like a weed.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The Weed - 295 words · 03-21-18 5:41pm
by amateur40

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173524