*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3175697
Rated: E · Message Forum · Other · #2105059
Closed until December! Contest to push you to your limit and beyond with strange prompts
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 1, 2018 at 1:27am
Edited: April 1, 2018 at 2:20am
BRIEF REVIEWS AND WINNER ANNOUNCED!
D. Reed Whittaker "Stupid Laws"
What a silly, stupid law. I love it! I also love the Irish accent and I can really hear it in Officer O'Malley's voice. I wasn't expecting Michael to be dating O'Malley's daughter but I loved that "aha!" moment where I discovered why he was "on Michael's case" (no pun intended).

Dahlia>> "Not Today A**hole"
Ah, what an amusing way to exact revenge against an ex! I wonder if anyone in Texas has actually forced someone to marry them in this way? I noticed quite a bit of rhyming in your story. If that was intentional, good job! If not, that's even more amazing!

Abby Gayle "Loophole"
I love the logic Mandy uses when arguing with her sister. Of course she's not breaking the law by wearing a towel as a cape and jumping off her roof because she's not pretending to be Superman. Ah, loopholes, gotta love'em!

K. Ray "Strange Missouri Laws"
I flat-out laughed when the officer asked for permission to climb up on the car to arrest the would-be car thief. He wouldn't want to break the law and have to arrest himself! I also laughed when the crook said, "He's a big guy, so I ran away. . ." Lots of giggles in this one, thank you!

So I get to be judge, jury, and executioner at Pesky Prompts this month.
After a lot of thought and re-reading, I found myself drawn to one story in particular:

Congratulations to our first place winner:
K. Ray

I would also like to award an honorable mention (complete with 5,000GPs) to:
Abby Gayle

Prizes sent 4/1/2018

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
"Character Flaws Contest

** Image ID #2150525 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
BRIEF REVIEWS AND WINNER ANNOUNCED! · 04-01-18 1:27am
by Genipher
Re: BRIEF REVIEWS AND WINNER ANNOUNCED! · 04-01-18 1:30am
by Abby Gayle
Re: BRIEF REVIEWS AND WINNER ANNOUNCED! · 04-01-18 6:46am
by K. Ray
Re: BRIEF REVIEWS AND WINNER ANNOUNCED! · 04-01-18 7:08am
by Pesky Amanda A.K.A. LadyNazlia

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pesky Amanda A.K.A. LadyNazlia.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3175697