*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3184573
Rated: E · Message Forum · Steampunk · #1776068
Discuss, learn, practice, promote, write and review Steampunk, Sci-fi & Fantasy with us.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 8, 2018 at 9:43am
Re: New Idea (yes I'm back)

And here we go, first up my personal favourite writer on writing.com

Featured Steam Punk Story & Author:
The Swift  [13+]
The steam-powered superhero pursues his arch-enemy, Professor Delirium Tremens.
by CeruleanSon

Slowly, the Swift picked himself up from the gravel-coated tar-paper roof where he had been forced down. He glanced quickly around for immediate danger, and seeing none, checked himself for injury. His tough gloves were scuffed but undamaged; on his right knee, just above his black Wellington boot, the thick material of his slate-gray jodhpurs was torn, but the joint itself had escaped harm.

Next, he checked the slender, aluminum struts of his wings. The fact that he had folded them before impact had saved them from being snapped in the tumble, but one of the three fingers of the left wing was bent out of alignment. He gripped the incredibly expensive metal on either side of the kink and, straining, was able to straighten it to an approximation of its former position. The slick material of the membranes, at least, was untorn.

Breathing a sigh of relief, he adjusted the complicated web of leather straps that held the experimental rig to his back and checked the pressure gauge mounted next to his wrist chronometer.

The boiler was working perfectly. The fuel pellets he had developed should be enough to keep a steady supply of steam to power the thruster unit for another hour or so. He hoped that would be enough, because the slowly rising buzz that filled the audio enhancement cups mounted in his helmet’s earflaps warned that the drone was coming around for another run at him. A quick glance southward showed the dirigible dwindling beyond the Statue of Liberty as Professor Delirium Tremens made his escape with the Kilimanjaro Ruby.

And with Harriet.

---

Continue This Featured Steam Punk Story in author CeruleanSon portfolio,

STATIC
The Swift  (13+)
The steam-powered superhero pursues his arch-enemy, Professor Delirium Tremens.
#1879638 by CeruleanSon

---
Editor's Note: If you'd like your STEAM PUNK story featured here (with a read more link to the item in your portfolio) then all you have to do is REVIEW a STEAM PUNK story that has been featured on this blog and post the review ID as a comment on this entry. I will then feature the STEAMPUNK story of your choice (from your portfolio).

I will also be featuring (legal) snippets from published STEAMPUNK authors for your benefit. Have a favourite STEAMPUNK novel? Leave a comment here and I will feature it and then we can all have a GASBAG about it.

SteamPunk Newsletter Out Now!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2092940 by Not Available.

---
Johny Thundersbeard
Editor, Mentor & Member.
"The Steampunk Authors' Guild
---
WDC Author of the Month May 2012
30DBC Administrator, Judge & Rejigger 2012.
Forum Master "Invalid Item 2016.

---
SteamPunk Newsletter Out Now!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2092940 by Not Available.

---
Johny Thundersbeard
Editor, Mentor & Member.
"The Steampunk Authors' Guild
---
WDC Author of the Month May 2012
30DBC Administrator, Judge & Rejigger 2012.
Forum Master "Invalid Item 2016.
MESSAGE THREAD
New Idea (yes I'm back) · 05-08-18 9:26am
by Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST
*Star* Re: New Idea (yes I'm back) · 05-08-18 9:43am
Re: Re: New Idea (yes I'm back) · 05-08-18 9:44am

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Beck Firing back up!.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3184573