*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3205246
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 17, 2018 at 1:49pm
Cover letters. I just can't get the hang of them.
I've read the rules and I understand the basic principle, but I just don't feel like I have a good grip on how they are done, and done well.

So I have an idea, and I was hoping the team here at WdC could give me a hand. I would be eternally grateful and willing to offer a few reviews in trade.

Below, I am listing a few of my favorite books. They are fairly popular (some are classics,) and if any of the more intrepid members are willing, it would be great if you could write a cover letter for any of the particular novels listed. It's a lot to ask, I know, so if you happen to know of a link where this has already been done, it would be great if you could share it.

Even if you are not willing to take the time to write a cover letter, but have a few helpful tips on the process, feel free to share your wisdom.

Here are the books I have selected:

- 1984: George Orwell
- The Picture of Dorian Gray: Oscar Wilde
- Of Mice and Men: John Steinbeck
- Pet Semetary: Stephen King
- A Storm of Swords (or any of the ASOIAF books: George RR Martin

I'm not great at following instructions, so this kind of "hands on" learning, or learning by example would be extremely helpful to me. If you want to have fun with it, you could write cover letters for as many of these selections as you like, but I really only need one to look at.

If you would like to take me up on my offer of a review exchange, just bitem your piece in your reply and I'll make good on my promise. If you're not really in need of a review, I'd be happy to pay 2K GP's to the first 5 replies that include a cover letter. I'd like to offer more GP's or extend my offer to more than just five of you, but I don't have a huge bank roll.

Thanks for you help gang. I look forward to your replies.

-James
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Cover letters. I just can't get the hang of them. · 08-17-18 1:49pm
by James Heyward
Re: Cover letters. I just can't get the hang of them. · 08-17-18 3:57pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Cover letters. I just can't get the hang of them. · 08-17-18 4:09pm
by James Heyward
Re: Re: Re: Cover letters. I just can't get the hang of t... · 08-17-18 4:15pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3205246