*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3206608
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 24, 2018 at 1:43pm
Folder Restrictions - Access
I think I'm gonna be here a lot for another week or two!

I read this in writing.com 101:

Using Access Restrictions on a Folder Item
The access restrictions on a Folder do not affect the access restrictions of the items assigned to that Folder item. Restricting access on a folder will remove that folder from display within your public portfolio to those who do not meet that access requirement. It will also disallow the viewing of that folder's contents from the listing in the Portfolio tab. However, it will NOT restrict access on the individual items assigned to that Folder item. These items will still be included in and accessible via Writing.Com's public listing pages unless you also set the access restrictions on those individual items. If you do not want these items to be viewed, each individual item's access level will need to be set.

What I'm wondering is if I set item images on public access, have them in a folder with PRIVATE access with a passkey, can I give that passkey to someone and have them view all the images? Because it sounds like it. That's what I want. Hard to test these things sometimes *Ha* It's more my comprehension I am checking on.

Thank you!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Folder Restrictions - Access · 08-24-18 1:43pm
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Folder Restrictions - Access · 08-24-18 4:42pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Folder Restrictions - Access · 08-25-18 2:49pm
by Whata SpoonStealer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3206608