*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3209697
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #507000
Have a tribute you'd like to share about Writing.Com or our birthday? Post here!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 4, 2018 at 2:22am
Tribute Poem/Song to Writing.Com
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2057378 by Not Available.

Three years ago, I entered a contest during WDC's 15th birthday celebration. I don't remember the rules of the contest, but whatever they were, I chose to write my WDC tribute poem to the tune of The Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night." I listened to the song as I wrote the poem so it would fit as perfectly as possible to the notes and rhythm of "A Hard Day's Night."

For my post here today, I substituted "18th" for what once said "15th". The poem/song is called "It's Been So Hard To Write," which happens to all of us when we have writer's block, and our beloved WDC helps us via the contests, prompts, suggestions, etc.

The above "b-item link"at the top of this page will take you to my poem/song, as well as the words to "A Hard Day's Night", and the link to The Beatle's song, "A Hard Day's Night' at YouTube. If you take the link that is there and play the song, you can sing my poem/song along with the music. It flows much better if you do.

I hope you enjoy this tribute to WDC.

HAPPY 18TH ANNIVERSARY, WRITERS-DOT-COM!
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!
*Notepad**Pencil**Penw**BalloonV* *BalloonR*

Jan Dixon*Writing*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Tribute Poem/Song to Writing.Com · 09-04-18 2:22am
by writeaway

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3209697