*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3211075
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 6, 2018 at 10:09pm
2 ML Suggestions--Bold (in Edit) and Invisible
I have a challenge page, "The Contest Challenge, and am creating an auction/raffle page. When working in ML on the Edit page, I find everything runs together because there's nothing to differentiate things. When I'm trying to update someone's participation in my challenge, it's hard to find a specific username among the many other usernames, plus the months that sometimes wrap around to the next line because people have participated so much. It's really annoying. And now that I'm working on my auction/raffle page, I can already see that it's going to be a total nightmare to add ticket holders because it will be so hard to find the right package among all the other typing. Ick! I have 2 suggestions to help with this.

1) This one might be impossible, but I'd LOVE if we could have things bolded while in Edit mode. I have no idea how it would work, but I could bold my usernames and packages and so when I go to edit a page, just those things will stand out, it would be so much easier and quicker navigate through the ML.

2) This one is MUCH more doable, IMO. I'd love to be able to make things invisible with ML tags, something like invisible and /invisible or hidden and /hidden. That way, I can create my own way to navigate through my ML mess. For example, I could put something like ________ or ----------- or *********** between those invisible or hidden tags and while I'm editing, I can more quickly find stuff because those things stand out. I can remember that my packages that cost 1000 GPs are between the _______ and the ----------- so I don't have to hunt through EVERYTHING to find them. But when I hit Save, they disappear to everyone else. Folks could also use this to make notes to themselves about what they want to do next in a story. Yes, we have notepad and I certainly use it (not for that). But it's much easier to just read a hidden note at the top of your item when you go into Edit mode than to go to your notepad and sort through all the notes for all the things you are working on. I think being able to make invisible or hidden notes in an item could have a lot of benefits. *Bigsmile*

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Home of the Free Because of the Brave Signature
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
2 ML Suggestions--Bold (in Edit) and Invisible · 09-06-18 10:09pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: 2 ML Suggestions--Bold (in Edit) and Invisible · 09-06-18 11:00pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: 2 ML Suggestions--Bold (in Edit) and Invisible · 09-06-18 11:18pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3211075