*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3216906
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 29, 2018 at 12:14pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming into a Microphone.
Hey, it's been like, really long, since I said I would get back and I just now saw where I said that and let it not be known that I am not a person of my word. Even if it comes way later then it was supposed to.

As to how I felt, it was always a rather freeing but confusing experience but let me go back.

Back when I made this post I was struggling with, like I said, a darker part of my writing that I didn't understand. This confusion came from, I know realize, the fact that as I grew up (writing because even as a child I liked it) dark themes took to running through almost everything I wrote and my parents didn't really know how to react. Being the loving caring parents they are, they thought it was some kind of cry for help, (no mom, just because I'm writing about a serial killer does not mean I was to murder people) and due to these reactions and being sent to therapy for it once I started to see writing dark things as something bad, a sign that you were not okay or dark, and being a very cheerful person who can't even kill a spider, that didn't sit well with me so, I was ignoring it, but it still came out in my writing especially when I sat down and just wrote with no clear goal in mind.

Thus the post.

After making that post I did start exploring more with it, letting it come as it wanted and one day, near Halloween, as a bit of a joke I wrote a short horror snippet.

And I found I loved it.

Horror was my thing. I'd never really read it or considered due to my parents reaction to horror, but once I started I just fell in love. There's poetry and beauty in a truly chilling piece and I find it pours out of me. I simply adore it.

Now I mostly write horror, though I'm only working on one serious horror piece, and most of my "forced gaiety" pieces as you eloquently called them have come to a more or less halt. However, my inspiration and excitement in my horror piece has given my boosters every now and then to write my other pieces, and they too, come out better because of it.

Also, I love your long words, I just wish I could like, also do that.

Anyway, I know this is hella late, but I just wanted to fulfill my promise and assure that I did find my answer and solution to my problem.
MESSAGE THREAD
Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-17-17 1:56pm
by AskMyName
Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-17-17 3:09pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-18-17 6:54am
by AskMyName
Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-17-17 7:47pm
by Steev the Friction Wizurd
Re: Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-18-17 6:57am
by AskMyName
Re: Re: Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-18-17 9:05am
by Elysia
Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-20-17 12:47pm
by AskMyName
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-20-17 12:57pm
by Elysia
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 09-29-18 12:14pm
by AskMyName
Re: Screaming into a Microphone. · 05-28-17 5:29am
by Zen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3216906