*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3218569
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:39pm
Re: Re: Scapple & Scrivener Apps
by Goddess
I'd never thought of using a wiki, probably because I associate wikis with work *Laugh*; but it does make sense. I'm checking out Zim-wiki now, and it looks simple enough to use (I'm no wiki expert, but I can get around well enough).

Thanks for that detailed description of Scapple. I like the fact that nodes are not automatically grouped and relationships aren't forced. My thoughts can be all over the place and, just like you mentioned, some of it just garbage that can be deleted. I do like the price as well. I think I'll go ahead and try it out for 30 days since they do offer a trial.

Your project sounds super complicated, which says a lot about Scapple's utility. Sounds like it's worth the few bucks for the license. I won't be picking up Scrivener though. I just can't justify paying for another word processing software when I already own the MS Office suite.

I appreciate the response Zen . This really helps. Oh, and happy (belated) WDC anniversary! :)

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Scapple & Scrivener Apps · 10-02-18 5:01pm
by Goddess
Re: Scapple & Scrivener Apps · 10-03-18 8:38am
by Zen
*Star* Re: Re: Scapple & Scrivener Apps · 10-03-18 3:39pm
by Goddess
Re: Re: Re: Scapple & Scrivener Apps · 10-04-18 9:03am
by Zen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3218569