*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3218818
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 4, 2018 at 7:42am
Paranormal Romance?
I would love it if someone here could clarify a bit of confusion on my part. I have been working on a set of stories (I have what my mother likes to call "grasshopper brain" - I like to hop from story to story, or project to project). All of my stories involve the same two characters, and they are set in different historical time periods. I'm kind of new to this and wasn't sure how to categorize my writing. I am coming to realize that I might have written a paranormal romance. My characters are not human but live in various locations in Europe, depending on the story. The male is fully aware of his identity, the female has always believed herself to be human.

I was always under the dual impressions that a) the only characters that qualified as paranormal were things that go bump in the night or fae or time travelers, and b) that one half of the romantic couple had to be a human or at least part human. Mine are creatures from mythology that are benevolent and attractive, no real threat to humans but can be a threat to each other. Can someone clarify this for me? Wikipedia and other sources I've consulted were no real help.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Paranormal Romance? · 10-04-18 7:42am
by Catharina S
Re: Paranormal Romance? · 10-04-18 8:02am
by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024
Re: Re: Paranormal Romance? · 10-04-18 4:23pm
by Rich
Re: Re: Re: Paranormal Romance? · 10-24-18 4:08pm
by Jim Hall - GoT Forest Child
Re: Re: Paranormal Romance? · 10-24-18 1:08pm
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Paranormal Romance? · 10-24-18 4:23pm
by Jim Hall - GoT Forest Child

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3218818