*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3222811
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 15, 2018 at 12:00pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Forum Idea
If anyone cares, I've love for this to be an option as well. *Bigsmile* Though I agree it would be something I'd want to be able to turn on and off. But I think this is especially helpful for newbies trying to interact. I sent a lot of GPs to a lot of forums and entered a lot of contests that were inactive. I didn't know to check to see when it was last active (or to see when the PERSON was last active). I got frustrated when I was posting on things and not getting responses.

Eventually I figured out how to e-mail folks who hadn't responded and, of course, they hadn't responded because the forum was no longer active. (Though one guy made his challenge active just for me and I participated in several rounds because it was so fun and educational.) If I hadn't been so determined or if I'd had more fragile self-esteem, I might have left the site. Automatic notifications of postings to a forum is a great idea, IMO. If your forum is basically defunct, you aren't likely to notice that brief time it's on the list on the right, especially since you aren't looking for it. And newbies don't usually know how to or that they should tag. For that matter, I rarely tag forum owners... *Think*

And since I'm busy giving my opinion, I'd like the option to not only turn it on and off, but choose between Notifications and E-mails or maybe both, but not sure that's necessary.

*Bigsmile*

FORUM
SuperPower Animals Auction for Charity  (13+)
An auction to benefit WdC SuperPowers Reviewers Group and The Livestock Conservancy.
#2168281 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Created by Lostwordsmith
MESSAGE THREAD
Forum Idea · 10-02-18 10:38pm
by Pat ~ Rejoice always!
Re: Forum Idea · 10-02-18 11:01pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Forum Idea · 10-02-18 11:06pm
by Pat ~ Rejoice always!
Re: Forum Idea · 10-05-18 9:25am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Re: Forum Idea · 10-05-18 6:18pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Re: Forum Idea · 10-06-18 5:20pm
by Whata SpoonStealer
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Forum Idea · 10-15-18 12:00pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Forum Idea · 10-15-18 6:53pm
by Whata SpoonStealer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3222811