(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 14, 2018 at 10:34pm
Edited: November 14, 2018 at 10:36pm
Go Back to the Thought Word Count 269
I walked into the room, looked around at the walls, draped with hanging cutlery and an old wall clock in the shape of a rooster that no longer told time, and came to the realization that I no longer knew why I walked into this room. Damn, no matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't come to me. I turned and walked back to my bedroom where I started this journey. I no sooner crossed the threshold and the thought came back to me, ah the scissors, I need them to cut the tags from my new clothes, Carhardts and flannels for the winter. I tried to pull the plastic holders from the button loop but almost tore the shirt. I pulled so hard I wore a groove into the palm of my right hand. I’m going to need the good scissors.
It’s the close of Summer and the Autumn winds give a hint of winter chill in the early morning air. Time to put away the shorts and tees for another season. Now its time for warm weather gear. There’s nothing better than the feel of a new flannel shirt, soft fitting, thick warm cotton loosely hanging over carpenters’ jeans and thermals.
Turning, I headed back to the steps, downward one by one carefully clutching the handrail, and turned toward the kitchen for a second time. I shuffled across the cold linoleum checkerboard tile, headed for the silverware drawer, mounted just under the stovetop and clutched the bronze handle. I pulled it open and rifled through the utensils looking for the ... the..Damn... I’m getting old!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Go Back to the Thought Word Count 269 · 11-14-18 10:34pm
by flyer10624

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3229801