*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3233521
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 3, 2018 at 11:55am
Edited: December 7, 2018 at 3:24pm
Gordie Howe Hat Trick! (December 3rd to 7th)
by Mastiff
If you don't know the definition of a Gordie Howe had trick. It's in hockey, and as opposed to a normal hat trick (3 goals in a game) it's a goal, an assist on a goal, and a fight!

Well, the fight will be tonight at a work meeting, nothing to do with WDC, but I still want to win, even though night meetings take me away from writing.

It wasn't a knock out, but I won on points.

The assist will be on a story. I want to write something on the subject of which I only have second hand knowledge. I need to find one of my friends who has the kind of experience I'm looking for... The worst thing I can think of is someone reading it and scoffing that it doesn't stand up to the scrutiny of others who have that first hand knowledge.

So the big goal is to get at least one of the two short stories I've picked to write this month, but one of them will depend on getting a solid assist!

Sad to say, I'm still waiting on the assist, I've reached out to three organizations, and I'm still waiting but hopeful. However, I did get one response just now, and I'll be sending them an outline!

I also have written and submitted four items already this month, so I'm fairly pleased with the week!

"The winger crossed the blue line, he slips a pass over to Mastiff in the slot... He dekes around one defender, he shoots, he scores!"

*Hockey*

It could happen... *TrophyG*

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~ Swift
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Gordie Howe Hat Trick! (December 3rd to 7th) · 12-03-18 11:55am
by Mastiff

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3233521