(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 8, 2018 at 4:03pm
Midnight Madness (271 Words)
by Linz
Melania lay in the dark, staring up at the ceiling. The clock read three am, and she'd been there since midnight, just listening to the tick tock of the second hand.

Oh, what's the point?

In a fit of frustration, Melania flung back the covers and threw on her dressing gown. She padded to the kitchen and made herself a coffee. She headed towards the living room. Surprised to see the light on, Melania cautiously stepped into the room, hoping it wasn't her husband Stuart. The last thing she needed right now, was another argument.

It wasn't. Christian sat in his armchair, open book in his hand. He looked up when the door opened, and smiled when he saw it was Melania.

"You couldn't sleep either?" he asked.

Melania shook her head. "No. Been tossing and turning for hours."

"Same here."

She nodded towards the book. "What are you reading?"

"Shakespeare."

Melania smiled. "Cultured much?"

"What's going on here?" Stuart demanded as he entered the room.

"We're talking books," replied Christian

Stuart frowned. "Really?"

"Yes, Stuart. Just talking books. Nothing you'd be interested in," said Melania.

Christian sfifled a yawn. "I'm going back to bed. Goodnight."

"Talking books to the tenant at three in the morning? Or plotting to run away with him?"

"I'm not cheating on you, Stuart. Just couldn't sleep. Got up for a coffee, noticed Christian was already up. What was I supposed to do - ignore him?"

"I'm keeping an eye on you."

Melania stared at him for a moment. "I'm going back to bed." She sidled past him and went back to the bedroom.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Midnight Madness (271 Words) · 12-08-18 4:03pm
by Linz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3234551