*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3238666
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 31, 2018 at 6:49am
Edited: December 31, 2018 at 8:47am
Re: Font Suggestion
by ~Minja~
I think this is a nice idea but from my limited knowledge about fonts and web design, implementing cursive fonts on any web pages and sites is nearly impossible unless they are in the picture format, SVG, or through CSS. It's been a common 'problem' for both Windows and Mac. For example, if you create a text document on your operative system that you wish other people to read on their computers, they would need to have THAT font support on their OS which won't happen in 90% cases for the reason I mentioned above- both OS don't have common cursive font. For example, Windows includes many basic serif, sans serif, and language-based fonts. Mac computers do include a copy of the cursive font called Brush Script  , but this is the only pure cursive font available out there. While this is a default font on Macs, users of Windows-based computers can procure it by only purchasing a cope of Adobe's Creative Suite software which is pretty much a big NO to many ordinary internet users out there since Adobe products can be purchased only through a monthly subscription.

Like I said, this is my limited knowledge about web design and fonts. Unless SM finds the way to get this done either through CSS or some other nerdy way, it most likely won't happen *Frown*.

I think he can find the way through html and css by adding most common free cursive font for us to use but he'd need to add additional wrap up elements that would indicate something like: in case this font is missing on your operative system display Comic sans, arial, verdana, or other common font both OS use instead. But that's a lot of work I think. Plus, this isn't the best solution again because of the same problem I mentioned above - at least 90% internet users most likely won't have that cursive font on their OS because you literally can't force millions of people who uses internet today to install additionally THAT specific font to their computer so there wouldn't be a good point for you using one in your text documents (static item) when they won't be able to see it anyway.

~Minja

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

*Flowery* Spruce your portfolio with images from "Invalid Item *Flowery*

Helpful links for newbies
*Quill* "Writing.Com 101 *Quill*
*Quill* "Invalid Item *Quill*
*Quill* "Writing.Com Helpful Hints *Quill*
*Quill* "Get Started With Your Account *Quill*
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Font Suggestion · 12-30-18 10:31am
by Dominique
*Star* Re: Font Suggestion · 12-31-18 6:49am
by ~Minja~
Re: Re: Font Suggestion · 12-31-18 10:49am
by Dominique

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3238666