*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3253922
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 3, 2019 at 12:35pm
For over a year.... a thank you.
For the better part of a year, I have almost daily planted myself in front of my laptop with the energy and excitement to begin writing creatively. Much to my frustration, most times I would simply abandon the task and find other work to do. Sometimes I would research ideas, read articles on how to start writing (most would focus on getting published instead of getting over the fear), and other times I would start a story only to close without saving. Most of my life I have written blogs or speeches or academic papers, so the process of creating words does not escape me.

A very short time ago I came here. I had decided that I simply needed to start. Start something. Anything really. One day I sat down and posted something after taking about 20 minutes to write it with no editing, fore or afterthought processes because I simply needed to take the first step and make it happen regardless of the quality of the post.

What I found here was good, honest, positive feedback. Encouragement to continue. Encouragement to go back and edit and refine. Encouragement to keep going. For this, I thank you..this community of professional and amateur writers. Every day now I write something. I don't post most of it because I don't want to flood my portfolio with half-baked ideas (plus I don't have the upgraded account yet), but I do write every day and that alone keeps the juices going.

So, again, I say thank you to everyone who gave me both encouragement and inspiration to keep going! You're all awesome!

William Stafford

What made you smile today? Hold on to that!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
For over a year.... a thank you. · 03-03-19 12:35pm
by William Stafford
Re: For over a year.... a thank you. · 03-03-19 1:18pm
by Zen
Re: For over a year.... a thank you. · 03-04-19 2:10pm
by Angus
Re: Re: For over a year.... a thank you. · 03-05-19 7:52pm
by KenF
Re: For over a year.... a thank you. · 03-05-19 8:36pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: For over a year.... a thank you. · 03-06-19 10:44pm
by William Stafford

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3253922