*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3254564
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:07am
Organization
So, I've run into a problem in my writing journey. Up to this point I've been using a simple notes app to store all my writing.

And I mean /all/ of it.

I write a lot, from blurbs with no connection to outlines for novels to short bits for practice, and I had been using the note app because, while Google docs was good for longer pieces and sharing with people, the lay out and complications of it just didn't suit me. I prefer the simple notes app that's much simpler to use, especially as I only have access to a mobile device on the regular.

However, it's gotten to a point where I have so much stored that I need more categories then the simple color coding allows for and I've written so much that to go through different notes takes for ever of scrolling and work.

I've tried looking up writing apps but that usually just brings you to grammar checkers or apps that help keep you focused or make your writing prettier. I don't need that at the moment, I need a way to be able to organize and sort everything without having to go through the complications of something like Google docs, once again, especially on a mobile device.

If there's nothing that works then I'll just have to stick with what I have but before I gave up on my endeavors, I wanted to come here and see if anyone here might know any apps that would fit the bill or know where I can look to find one myself.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Organization · 03-06-19 9:07am
by AskMyName
Re: Organization · 03-06-19 10:33am
by KenF
Re: Re: Organization · 03-06-19 12:13pm
by AskMyName
Re: Organization · 03-06-19 11:32am
by Zen
Re: Re: Organization · 03-06-19 12:11pm
by AskMyName

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3254564