*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3256606
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #2179526
Night owls welcome!! Open 24 hours! Daily activities! Prizes!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 15, 2019 at 2:52pm
Edited: March 15, 2019 at 2:53pm
Re: Fiction Friday...a little late
by Past Member 'bobturn'
Good one, Amy. Thanks for sharing a fine flash fiction. I liked Paul's good read as well.

Here's the lead in to my "Invalid Item Writers Cramp win today. I busted my buttons when receiving a review from a school teacher saying she liked it so much she was going to read to her Reading Enrichment class. To top that off, she sent an MB along. I'm still floating in mid-air.

The news in the city of Amsterdam was not good for Daan Jansen’s parents. “One day we get told to keep him home because he is one of the kids skipping school on his own. The next? We are told to keep him home because there is no school because of striking teachers.”

“Really? My teachers refuse to go? For how long?” The new reality of being set free from the rigors of staring in boredom out school class windows gave him wings to fly with.

“All day? The mice can play while the cats are away.” He laughed as his front door closed on his parents leaving for work.

It took but a moment for him to gather his backpack. It was no longer filled with heavy school books. In their place lay a festive homemade lunch, a magnifying glass, and bug bottles. Daan loved bugs more than anything else.
MESSAGE THREAD
Fiction Friday...a little late · 03-15-19 11:13am
by IceSkatingSugarCube
Re: Fiction Friday...a little late · 03-15-19 11:22am
by amy-Has a great future ahead
Re: Fiction Friday...a little late · 03-15-19 2:04pm
by Paul
*Star* Re: Fiction Friday...a little late · 03-15-19 2:52pm
by Past Member 'bobturn'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, IceSkatingSugarCube.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3256606