*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3261933
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(362)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 4, 2019 at 10:26pm
What exactly are the current "resource limitations?"
by Wasp
*Dollar* 7,000 GPs were sent to Writing.Com Support with this post.
I've been getting this screen a lot since my membership ran out, and it's legitimately stopping me from using the site at all.

The screen advertises memberships (I can't show the screen because I have to pay to do that too), but doesn't actually say what exactly the resources that are limited are. It can't be server volume, because there currently less than 1000 people on the site, and it's still not working.

I've stuck by the site through thick and thin with the changes that happened to the interactives. I whitelisted the site when the adblock countermeasures were added. I put up with the heavy server volume problems. I settled with not being able to make new ones, even though it forced me and a cowriter of mine to take our main work off the site because we couldn't make a new interactive after the old one got too large (It's sitting at over 10000 chapters now).

But if the site is now going to randomly stop working because I'm not giving you money that I just don't have, I'm not sure what I can do. I want to support the site, but I can't. I want to keep writing here, but I can't browse and I can't trust that whatever I put into the box won't be deleted when I try to post it. But I will say that, from the standing of a would-be customer, it's more likely to make me leave entirely than pay again. Which I don't want to do.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
What exactly are the current "resource limitations?" · 04-04-19 10:26pm
by Wasp
Re: What exactly are the current "resource limitations?" · 04-04-19 11:59pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3261933