*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3271368
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #853707
Help using the official site plug pages: request posts to be deleted, ask questions, etc.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 17, 2019 at 4:56pm
Edited: May 17, 2019 at 5:03pm
*Heartp*Please Help!
by ruwth
In March 2018, I was given this item:

Twenty-Five Words or Less  [13+]
Contest Closed! Feel free to browse through the past entries...
by ruwth

The original owner had run this as an activity. I attempted to change it to a contest. Each week I awarded stars to the entries. One person each week was declared the winner and participants could continue to enter and acumulate stars to earn a Merit Badge.

I plugged this item in 2018 on the contest page and it was removed. I was told it was not a contest. I made changes and tried again to plug my contest but it was removed again and again.

I gave up and in April last year, I changed it to a Read-Only item. Folks asked me various times to reopen this item. Recently, Schnujo is Late to Lannister said she would like to feature it in her Contest Challenge for Jume. That inspired me so I went to work to make the necessary changes.

It has a new cover. It has a specific prompt for June. It is a writing contest. I am the judge which is appropriate since it is my item. The winning entry gets a Merit Badge.

The contest re-opens June 1st.

I posted it on the contest plug page and it was again removed.

Now, although it was visible to everyone, it did not yet allow posting. It was set to open on June 1st. I wondered if this was the problem, so I changed it so people can post now but the contest does not open til June.

I had left some old posts pinned to the top of the forum and wondered if they were the reason my plug was deleted so I unpinned those posts and suspended them to ensure there was no confusion.

I had offered to give star ratings to each entry but it was just my way of letting folks know I would give them some feedback and recognition. Just in case that is not allowed, I have removed that line from the fine print now.

I don't see how my contest is that different from "Tweet Me A Story" which is plugged on the contest page.

Please tell me EXACTLY what I need to do to be able to plug "Twenty-Five Words or Less on the contest page. I do not want to risk having my plug pulled again! *Blush*

Thanks...

------ ruwth

~ ~ ~ JESUS is LORD! ~ ~ ~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Heartp*Please Help! · 05-17-19 4:56pm
by ruwth
Re: Please Help! · 05-17-19 11:43pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Please Help! · 05-18-19 8:23am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Re: Please Help! · 05-18-19 10:25am
by ruwth
Re: Re: Re: Please Help! · 05-18-19 2:03pm
by Sally
Re: Re: Re: Re: Please Help! · 05-19-19 1:25pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please Help! · 05-19-19 2:45pm
by Sally

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, St. Patrickraken.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3271368