Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 21, 2019 at 3:29pm
I think someone is in the house
I think someone is in the house.They was nobody around when I got up this morning. Usually they is 4 other people here , My daughter, her husband and two grandsons. I looked out the back door. They all was acoming from the back 40 dragging something.It was some kind of body. Maybe a deer ,I couldn't tell. My daughter Milly came in the back door . I said, "Honey, what are they doing out there this early ?"She jest looked at me for a minute and then rubbed her face with her hand and said,"They done dragged up a big ole log for the fire tonight Mama.
Now I knew good and well that weren't no log they was a dragging but I jest kept my mouth shut and went on about my bizness.
I heard Joe and the boys outside my window so I snuck over and listened. "Wash the knives up real good" Joe said and handed two big butcher knives to Jake and Randy. Jake started shaking and crying . Randy slapped him in the face and said,"Shut that up right now afore Gram hears you!" I raised up my window and said,"Too late, I already done heard."
They dropped the knives and came over to my window both crying now.
"Who was it?" I asked. It was Miss Mills our school teacher, whispered Jake. Mama said she was after Daddy. But lookee here comes Sheriff Bob.
We got to go! I told them ,help Grammy out the window. I reached over and grabbed my pocketbook with the keys to my old Ford in it.
Good thing the boys like camping out and they are great at fishing and trapping 'cause we gonna be hiding out for quite a spell.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I think someone is in the house · 05-21-19 3:29pm
by Long John Silver

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3272078