*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3277386
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 21, 2019 at 1:58am
Re: Re: Re: Confused!
🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 said it well! GPs are currency. You can post new work for free until you reach the limit of your membership. I believe free membership allows you to post around 10 items! Basic allows 50 items, and so on. If you happen to run up against that limit, you can actually use gift points to buy a membership! For example, if you pay in cash, a Basic membership for one full year is $19.95. Similarly, it costs 199,500 gift points.

As for competitions/contests, most do not have a membership requirement at all! Some even have GP prizes, so that can be a good way to earn GPs. So many absolutely lovely members here on WDC host fun contests of every type. You can find some of them here: "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com I highly recommend "The Writer's Cramp. It has amazing daily prompts and awards 10,000 GPs to a winning entry every day. It's a great way to get into the habit of writing and learn to work with and jot down your ideas quickly. After all, you only have 24 hours to respond to the prompt! The only contests I can think of with a membership requirement are the WDC Official Contests. They require Basic Membership or higher. But they have quite jawdropping GP prizes!

I'm afraid my absence lasted long enough that I wasn't around for the classes, but in my experience, one of the best ways to learn about writing is to write and receive feedback. Just as good: read the work of established, published authors. When a scene evokes emotion or is very effective, read it again. Why was it so powerful? Break it down, and use what you learn. There are a ton of great books at your public library on the craft of writing, as well. I was a weird kid, and checked them all out.

You can remove yourself from the groups from which you received the emails if they become a problem or no longer interest you. At the bottom of group emails are instructions on how to remove yourself from a group.

You should be able to both rate and review an item. Some items do not allow ratings OR review, though! Some only allow reviews and not ratings. The site has a wonderful variety of options. You should be able to find the reviewing box at the bottom of every story.

I don't actually believe there's an upward limit to how many GPs a person can have. Perhaps you'll discover it. *Wink*

- -

"Let me live, love and say it well
in good sentences."
- Sylvia Plath

*MushroomB* *Books3**Books5* "â–º The Bookshelf â—„ *Books5**Books2* *MushroomB*
MESSAGE THREAD
Confused! · 06-19-19 12:41pm
by Medjay
Re: Confused! · 06-19-19 1:35pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: Confused! · 06-20-19 6:28am
by Medjay
Re: Re: Confused! · 06-20-19 6:29am
by Medjay
Re: Re: Re: Confused! · 06-20-19 7:44am
by 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Confused! · 06-21-19 1:58am
by Roseille ♥

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3277386