*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3283077
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:28pm
Re: HELP BASIC MEMBERSHIP
Excellent ideas all around so far!

Paying with gift points is also an option.

It may not be feasible this time around, but you can buy memberships with gift points in the future. A year's worth of Basic is 199,500 gift points (an all-around good deal).

Reviewing and even logging into your account on WDC gives GP rewards, of course, but there are a number of amazing contests around the site, like "The Writer's Cramp, that have very generous daily prizes. The Cramp gives 10,000 gift points to a winner every day, and it's a wonderful way to get into the habit of writing and improve your skills.The official WDC contests (open to anyone with a paid membership of Basic and above, and run on a monthly basis) also have absolutely breathtaking GP prizes.

If contests aren't your thing, there are a number of other groups and activities where members can gradually gain some GPs. A number of reviewing groups on the site, for example, reward active reviewers who offer constructive public reviews.

I mean... (as long as you don't have your browser set to keep you logged in forever), just logging into your account on any given day rewards you 100GPs. Logging in every day for a year gives you a bit over 36,000 gift points.

If you click the "Read and Review" option on the side of the screen, it will direct you to a random item on WDC. You can earn (as if the time I'm writing this) 800GPs or more for offering a helpful, constructive review for that item within an hour.

We're a community of writers and readers, and being active in this great community really does pay off.

Also, if it helps at all, I don't think you have to worry about losing your interactive! I am not 100% certain, but even if your membership goes away, your interactive should remain in your account until you're able to get a Basic membership again. It may just be locked to updates until you have the required membership level again.

- -

"Let me live, love and say it well
in good sentences."
- Sylvia Plath

*MushroomB* *Books3**Books5* "Invalid Item *Books5**Books2* *MushroomB*
MESSAGE THREAD
HELP BASIC MEMBERSHIP · 07-24-19 8:43am
by fgh
Re: HELP BASIC MEMBERSHIP · 07-24-19 9:18am
by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024
Re: HELP BASIC MEMBERSHIP · 07-24-19 9:35am
by Zen
*Star* Re: HELP BASIC MEMBERSHIP · 07-24-19 10:28pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: HELP BASIC MEMBERSHIP · 08-01-19 3:04am
by fgh

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3283077