*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3293294
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 9, 2019 at 11:01am
GOAL: Quit Smoking (09/09)
This is something I have been working towards for a few months. The first attempt went pretty well, but it was just "cold-turkey" without enough support; I had my family behind me, but did not seek any other assistance. I went one week, but was getting so cranky I couldn't stand being with myself.

The next step in my goal was to talk with my doctor and get some information and options. We decided it would be best to set a date and then look into some things that would give me a better chance to succeed and help me control the crankiness.

Next, I got sick and ended up back at the clinic and was checked by a different doctor who told me to quit at that time, since I was congested, coughing, and having trouble breathing. I picked up some items and tried them that same day and went a couple without smoking before giving in to a very stressful situation.

I decided that it would work best to wait until after school started, the time frame set up by my family doctor in the first place. One of the items she had given me as a booklet with a lot of information and some worksheets that I had completed. One was to set a date, which I had done, 09/ 11. That's a busy day so I will be occupied and most of the day, keeping my mind occupied.

So, my weekly goal, and beyond is to start Wednesday smoke free and apply the information and assists I have ready. I'm hoping to post Friday that I have a good start towards this long term goal and will likely post again next Monday how my weekend went, just to share my progress with another, as well as to post another weekly goal. *Smile*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

&

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
GOAL: Quit Smoking (09/09) · 09-09-19 11:01am
by tj ~ endeavors to persevere!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3293294