*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3294754
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #430933
The official Writing.Com Content Rating Support forum: questions, rating adjustments, etc.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 16, 2019 at 11:03am
Edited: September 16, 2019 at 12:22pm
Re: So, I don't have final say in how my writing is rated...
Greets,

I appreciate that you understand the difficulties of managing a rating system and that you understand that we need to have the final say. Thank you for that! *Heart*

I think it's great that while in a classroom with adult supervision, you partook in stories of an older nature. Just like our rating system would suggest, you did so in the right environment -- with people who could discuss with you the mature topics of death and mass killings. You didn't have to face that on your own and that's just awesome.

In terms of other pieces, as a minor, someone made the decision for you what to read or watch -- they did that either actively by suggesting and then discussing the material with you... or passively by not supervising you at all. As minor who was legally under someone else's care, you did not make that active/passive decision on your own. Our son is a gifted 11 year old, doing reading, math and more at higher high school levels. We do let him read and watch higher rated content than his age would suggest, but at the same time, we do so with a lot of supervision, discussions, etc. I think it's for every parent or guardian to make these decisions based on their own knowledge of their children (or the children in their care).

Different families and different school all have different policies on content.
Writing.Com's ratings are just a general guideline and individuals take it from there.
This is why we do not actively block content for ANY ratings.

Since you didn't list an item for us to review, I'll just re-iterate the difficulty every human has making the very small decision of whether an item falls into the 13+ or 18+ "box". It's no easy task and we ask our members and moderators to be as consistent as fallible human nature can be. I personally don't think the difference between the two rating categories is anything to be worried or upset about and I'll hope you'll be able to look past it.

Best wishes,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Organization
[Click For More Info]

I waited until after I 'turned yellow' so you wouldn't think I was sucking up, but I think a lot of you and your staff.  Good job!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
So, I don't have final say in how my writing is rated here-- · 09-16-19 8:26am
by beetle
*Star* Re: So, I don't have final say in how my writing is rated... · 09-16-19 11:03am
by The StoryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3294754