Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:37pm
“What’s That Noise?”
Adam grabbed his gun, his three years on the police force had taught him that he couldn’t be too careful and that mindset had kept him alive, because the one thing he feared most was death. The neighborhood he grew up in was a place where bad things happened and all you had to do was be in the wrong place at the wrong time, so he learned at a young age to never let his guard down.

There it was again that noise, he thought it was coming from the back yard. Adam slowly opened his back door and walked outside, he couldn’t believe his eyes, he mumbled to himself “This is the last thing I expected.”

Adam stared at the portal that had opened in his back yard, with its reddish background and warmth emanating from it, he walked closer and cautiously reached out with his hand to touch it, as soon as he did it sucked him in and he passed to the other side. When he looked behind him, the portal was closing, he ran towards it, but it was too late, it vanished.

Adam said, “No, no, no this can’t be happening.”

Then a voice behind him said, “Finally, I thought I was going to have to wait another hundred years for someone of pure heart to join my quest for justice.”

“Lady, I don’t know who you are or what your quest is, I just want to go home!”

“I’m Rosetta and I’m the only one that can help you get back home and for your information that gun you’re holding is useless in this world.”

Adam scoffed,”And what world is this?”

Rosetta mischievously smiled, “Welcome to Hell!”

WORD COUNT 284 Entry 10/13/19
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
“What’s That Noise?” · 10-13-19 7:37pm
by JustinRock

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3300187