Dialogues of 500 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 25, 2019 at 12:16pm
The Threefold Rule
The Threefold Rule

“Aren’t you the most precious little fairies I’ve seen all evening!!”

“Fairies? We’re witches!!!”

“Ahh sure you are. Which one of you is Cinderella? You right, with cute little blond curls?”

“Cinderella?”

“I know how you little darlings love your princesses. Look what goodies I have for precious little fairy princesses. Snickers, Milky Way, Payday bars.”

“Ma’m, we’re not fairies. We’re not princesses. We’re witches!!! What do you have for little witches?

“Wretches, you say. Wretches. I don’t have a damn thing for wretches. As a wretch, you expect something? Give me a minute if you must have something. I believe I have some cans of sauerkraut in the cupboard.”

“Not wretches, mam, witches. No sauerkraut please. Don’t you have something for little witches?

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry—I totally mis-heard you. Wishes—ahh, saint’s be praised—I never thought the day would come, when three wishes would magically appear on my doorstep. You can’t know how long I’ve waited—years—decades really. Oh please, come in, come in, have a seat. “

“Well just for a minute, but we can’t stay, you that right? Other houses to visit. It’s our night you know.”

“Well I didn’t know that actually. Wish I had. I’ve been holding on to these wishes for most of 75 years. I wish for financial freedom—to never have to worry about another bill. Second, I wish to be free of the aches and pains of aging, and third, I would like everlasting love.”

“Okay, I guess. Shove them in the bag. We were really hoping for something sweet.”

“She’s dead, right?”

“Well, yeah. Now.”

“Why didn’t you correct her?”

“We don’t have all night. Besides, we can’t break the honor code to do no harm.”

“Man, look in your bag. I’ve got a 5 pound snickers bar in there. Didn’t know they made them that big.”

“The three-fold rule!!!”
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The Threefold Rule · 10-25-19 12:16pm
by FictionFlasher

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, W.D.Wilcox.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3302355