*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3307199
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 19, 2019 at 11:38am
Creating a review profile
by Annie
Hi,
I was browsing the community tab in the navigation pane and I discovered when I click on request a review, a list of people shows up. When I click on a individual, there is a list of information such as favorites, types I review, etc. Here is an example

Review Requests: ON
41 Public Reviews Given
Review Style
I like a review that makes me edit, even if it bothers me or offends me. So I look at your piece with, "What would I change to make this better and why?" And I write down most of what I think... the limit being how much you paid, more than how much you can handle! And of course there's no guarantee that my advice won't make it worse. Well, except the long list of bestseller credits-- oh, I haven't published them yet. But feel free to request a refund if I really like your piece. It's happened, sometimes I'm in too good of a mood and I think your work is perfect. If it was, you'd be submitting it for a royalty advance... praise is nice but it's like Chinese food, you need more in an hour. Whereas critique sticks to your ribs...
I'm good at...
**Prose:** Lately my comments primarily look to fine-tuning elements of speechcraft: word choice, order, punctuation, and spelling, with sentence structure and dialogue tags. I'm in the USA, so my advice seems to gravitate toward that style. **Poetry:** My comments will tend toward an analysis of meaning and images. I'm pretty sure that I have an average grasp of poetry.
Favorite Genres
Science fiction, Fantasy.
Least Favorite Item Types
Nonsense poetry or heavily rhyming poetry. You may lose stars undeservedly.
I will not review...
Op-ed pieces with which I do not agree will be reviewed only on a case-by-case basis. Either way expect me to hit you with my own opinion, although I certainly CAN judge your performance separately from your opinion.

How do I create this so that I can get more review requests?
Thank you!
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Creating a review profile · 11-19-19 11:38am
by Annie
Re: Creating a review profile · 11-19-19 12:44pm
by ~Minja~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3307199