*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3313559
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 28, 2019 at 6:15pm
UPDATES: I DID IT! (12/23)
I accomplished my goal of not smoking this week, but there were a few times I found myself thinking about it. The week started fine but by Christmas morning, things were not going according to plan. We were late leaving for relatives, and once there, I found myself with a lot of smokers and a lot of holiday stress. The smokers would go outside to smoke, which helped and prevented second-hand smoking, Even so, there were the few annoying and pestering people inside, so in order to retain sanity, I found I needed to go out where the smokers hung out.

But, I managed to not smoke while outside and to keep my cool inside. The visit was all in all, fun and enjoyable, especially for the children. As for the few annoying ones, let's just say they missed out and failed in spoiling anyone's day.

We returned Thursday, after stopping by and getting the final paperwork signed to adopt our older foster child, so a very wonderful day after Christmas gift. The only down side was our internet was acting up when we got home, and I didn't even think to unplug the router and restart it until this morning. Problems fixed and I'm only a day late.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

Just an image to add to my signature as a reminder that I am now smoke free
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
UPDATES: I DID IT! (12/23) · 12-28-19 6:15pm
by tj ~ endeavors to persevere!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3313559