*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3318126
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 16, 2020 at 6:31am
Audio format
by Vagus
I *think* the sales trends show that electronic formats are still lagging behind print. However, as these new generations ooze up from the circuit boards, I suspect digital will eventually surpass print. And, as screen time becomes increasingly competitive (what else are you reading while you're reading this? haha) a premium access point to the human mind is the ears. So, do you find a demand for audio formats of your writing? Is it easier for people to hear what you wrote than for them to drop those foveas on some inked-up tree pulp?

I like reading. I watch TV with the subtitles on. I even read the little signs they put up along the road. The red ones say, "STOP" in case anyone was wondering. But, back to the point, just because *I* feel a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the world does. I see a lot of earbuds now and could imagine the big dude in the gym is a potential "reader." You know him, he's got that gallon water jug of blue liquid next to him while he bends the bar on the bench press. His insurance will pay to push his arms back into the shoulder sockets at some later date. But, maybe he's not listening to metal or country music. Maybe, he's listening to the latest Nora Roberts book.

Anyway, whether you're recording your voice, doing an in-person reading, or handing the PDF to Alexa and telling her to read it to your captive (bound and gagged) family, do you find an audience for audio?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Audio format · 01-16-20 6:31am
by Vagus
Re: Audio format · 01-16-20 9:17am
by J.B. Ezar
Re: Re: Audio format · 01-17-20 3:29am
by s
Re: Re: Re: Audio format · 01-17-20 4:13am
by Zen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3318126