*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3320351
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 25, 2020 at 1:23pm
Comments vs Reviews
by DKJ
*Dollar* 100 GPs were sent to The StoryMistress with this post.
Hi there,

I like the review system here. My impression of a review is that it should be there to guide another potential reader. So if you're looking at an item you can look at a review, perhaps by an author you already like or another reader who's tastes you trust, you get an idea of what the item is about and if it fits with your sensibilities.

Comments, server a more constructive purpose. In a comment, you can critique a particular device used by the author or suggest a new direction or offer guidance about the content rating or description. However, this is how reviews are currently used here. Reviews aren't a first class feature, indeed it's easier to find your own reviews of other author's items than it is to find reviews given to you. Comments also allow readers to mutually and with the author to discuss the item in a neat self contained channel.

Therefore, I suggest that when an item is presented to a reader as a title to potentially read, there should be a reviews control on offer to allow the reader to read those reviews. Similarly, this control should be present on all published items that have a review. Comments should appear at the bottom of the item with a quick link at the top.

I guess you've already thought about this and have your reasons. This is my six pence worth.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Comments vs Reviews · 01-25-20 1:23pm
by DKJ
Re: Comments vs Reviews · 01-25-20 6:39pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Comments vs Reviews · 01-25-20 8:12pm
by DKJ
Re: Re: Re: Comments vs Reviews · 01-25-20 10:01pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Re: Re: Comments vs Reviews · 01-26-20 4:24am
by DKJ

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3320351