*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3320552
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 26, 2020 at 7:06pm
Item Tags?
by DKJ
Hi there,

I admit that I may be completely off base here, so before I continue, I apologise to everyone who has read this far and is asking why hasn't 'E gotten to the point yet?

When I say 'Tags', I mean when you submit an item and it asks 'Keywords / Tags'. Although I won't use the term, for tags in an item that modify formatting etc. I would say 'Markup'.

I know that I can set tags on my items. Beyond that, that I don't know what they are for, can you tell me? How you use them? Is there a secret tagging metadata black market on the dark web? What does WDC do with them? Are our tags being fed into a secret new WDC Machine Learning engine with an eventual view to gaining Global World Domination as part of a time share? Do tags have a secret meaning? Can we give our tags a secret meaning? If we can't agree on the tags meanings, would that cause a metaphysical crisis which in turn could lead to questions about grasps on reality? Are the tags there for the entertainment of some nerd who likes manipulating CSV files into various formats with exotic separators and quoting characters and escape characters? Are you a number? Do tags on one item make a link to another item?

I have so many questions. Some of these are serious questions but is there anyone brave enough to take on them all?

Thanks in advance.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Item Tags? · 01-26-20 7:06pm
by DKJ
Re: Item Tags? · 01-26-20 10:31pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Item Tags? · 01-27-20 7:08pm
by DKJ

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3320552