*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3346660
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(668)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 22, 2020 at 4:06pm
A Newbie looking for works to read
Hi, I go by the pen/handle name of Aur Dawn and I'm new around here (read: logged in literally five minutes ago ). While I'm still figuring out how to post works of my own and get people interested in them, I'm also looking for those searching for beta readers, because I'd like to develop my abilities in critique and simply enjoy raw first/second draft works!

English is my second language, but I've been learning it long enough to be able to recognize a misused tense, participle and I especially exceed in spelling! When it comes to world-building and characterisation, my stronger side when writing a review, I tend to be very honest and (I hope) helpful, but in the end it all comes down to a personal preference. Still, if you're looking for a point of view of a 17-year-old teenage girl who's spent half her life with her nose in books, I just might be your perfect match! *BigSmile*

The genres I enjoy the most are fantasy and crime/mystery/suspense novels, though I'm also up for a historical piece! When it comes to fantasy, I tend to be selective, as there are some sub-genres I do not necessarily like reading, but the ones I devour are low, urban, paranormal and horror fantasy.

Although I'm nowhere near a professional's level of knowledge, or even courage, I'm willing to give honest and detailed reviews that include things that I both like and dislike about the work/chapter/part. If you'd like me to check out your work, let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible :)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
A Newbie looking for works to read · 05-22-20 4:06pm
by Aur Dawn
Re: A Newbie looking for works to read · 05-27-20 2:22am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: A Newbie looking for works to read · 05-27-20 8:41pm
by JMariah
Re: A Newbie looking for works to read · 06-05-20 5:41pm
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Re: A Newbie looking for works to read · 06-29-20 6:32pm
by Aur Dawn
Re: A Newbie looking for works to read · 06-08-20 5:09pm
by MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON
Re: Re: A Newbie looking for works to read · 06-29-20 6:30pm
by Aur Dawn
Re: A Newbie looking for works to read · 06-08-20 5:51pm
by 🌷GeminiGem🦊
Re: Re: A Newbie looking for works to read · 06-29-20 6:34pm
by Aur Dawn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3346660