*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3349864
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 9, 2020 at 9:47am
Re: Re: New Genre Request/Default to Community Newsfeed
Do you always answer these forum requests with so much snark, northernwrites? I rarely use this forum, so I wasn't sure if that was norm here. You need to know that although I'm a pacifist almost to a fault, I will not tuck my tail and hide when I've been insulted in a public forum.

My suggestion was not to "force" anyone to do anything. I know human nature and "out of sight, out of mind" is a real thing. I was asking if there was a practical way around that. I may be a lowly yellow case, but I do care about this site enough to want to encourage new people to stick around. Is that an "agenda"? Sure, you could call it that. Since you are a writer, you know that using that term to label my motivation was rude and designed to "put me in my place." Was my request the right thing to do for the site? Maybe not. None the less, there was no call to shame me for it.

By the way, I would have been fine with a simple explanation that the newsfeed link is set up that way after careful consideration of issues like the one I brought up. I am aware that a lot of thought and work went into developing this site, but I have no way of knowing what things were considered. If suggestions and requests aren't welcome, then perhaps there shouldn't be a forum where people can post such things.

Multi-Color GeminiGem
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
New Genre Request/Default to Community Newsfeed · 06-08-20 7:43pm
by GeminiGem of House Lannister
Re: New Genre Request/Default to Community Newsfeed · 06-09-20 12:04am
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
*Star* Re: Re: New Genre Request/Default to Community Newsfeed · 06-09-20 9:47am
by GeminiGem of House Lannister
Re: Re: Re: New Genre Request/Default to Community Newsfeed · 06-10-20 2:27pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3349864