*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3369695
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #430933
The official Writing.Com Content Rating Support forum: questions, rating adjustments, etc.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 14, 2020 at 11:18pm
Re: Help with rating a chapter of my novel
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
The content rating system here is not the same as that used for movies. Books/movies like the Harry Potter series or the Hobbit or LOTR would require at least an 18+ content rating here.

Members must be at least 13 to have an account. If their parents have set a content blocker on their accounts, it's not your call to end-run the limitations their parents have set up. If the parents didn't, the teenager can set their content rating filter to suit themselves.

Content ratings are not an age restriction on readers or writers. They're an indication of what is in the item so that readers don't get more than they want to see plopped in front of them with no warning. What readers want to see is not the writer's call. It's your job to be honest about what's in your item -- truth in advertising. They'll choose for themselves whether to include that type of content or not in what they look at.

Multiple people were killed in a past battle. The coming battle is expected to result in many fatalities. The level of description is minimal, but multiple killings (past, present, planned/future) require an 18+ content rating, minimum.

18+ is the correct content rating for this item.

Hope that helps.

*Snow2* *Snow2* *Snow2* Northernwrites___*Pencil*

~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~ ~~Image #603504 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
Help with rating a chapter of my novel · 09-14-20 6:19pm
by HollyMerry
*Star* Re: Help with rating a chapter of my novel · 09-14-20 11:18pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Help with rating a chapter of my novel · 09-15-20 5:17am
by HollyMerry

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3369695