*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3377306
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing · #2199413
Sign the Guestbook by leaving a comment in the forum. Yes, I know it's not a hotel but...
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 13, 2020 at 12:05pm
Checking In
by Paul

It’s not a hotel, more a Motel because I don’t have to pass the front desk each time I enter or leave.

I enjoy your take on life, it’s a close match to mine. I enjoy your writing too, but I’m not totally comfortable with my ability to recognize grammar and usage problems so I don’t review as often as I should, I think English is illogical. All other languages too, but I write in English. My German and Russian from the times I lived there sucks. I even get lost in British English at times.

When I worked as an engineer in the Soviet Union I translated many papers for the scientists at the institutes where I worked from British English to American so their papers were more readily understood in the U. S. I received many thank you’s and bottles of good Russian vodka because they said they got many more questions from the presentation.

I learned a lot about the physics of high-pressure working for the Black Metals Institute. They were doing research on how 2 million atmospheres of pressure created new elements. Another institute taught me a bunch about analyzing the radioactive Isotope content of sample farm products. They could find deficiencies in the ground chemistry to enhance crop production.

Thank you for your comments and stories.

Paul
🌹🐸🙏🏼
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Checking In · 10-13-20 12:05pm
by Paul
Re: Checking In · 10-14-20 6:22am
by Beholden
Re: Re: Checking In · 10-14-20 4:15pm
by Paul
Re: Re: Re: Checking In · 10-14-20 4:36pm
by Beholden

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Beholden.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3377306