*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3377702
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing · #2199413
Sign the Guestbook by leaving a comment in the forum. Yes, I know it's not a hotel but...
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2020 at 4:15pm
Re: Re: Checking In
by Paul

Hi,

I am not touchy about many things. I don’t like to be pushed on by someone who thinks their opinion is better than mine, but my impression is that you do not do that. You’re like me in that you state an opinion, but don’t argue about differing ones. I love the differences because that’s where all the texture and flavor of life resides. If I had to live in a world of just “ME” I’d have to check out.

German is expandable, but they just add a new word to the string. Das Scientifficergeschutenverksfirenspitter translates to the scientific, ordnance works fire-spitter; guided middle to us. English is infinitely expandable because we just modify an existing one or comes up with a whole new word for it. Unlike some countries like France where introducing new, words is illegal without official approval. All languages are illogical, except mathematics. In the third grade my teacher wrote on a report card I still have, “Paul would be a great student if it weren’t for his immense lack of interest.” She never understood my interest, I was thinking about math and the universe.

I live in Carrboro, North Carolina right now, a mile from the UNC main campus. We moved here from Windsor, a small town 70 miles north of San Francisco on highway 101, the 1st of March to get away from the fire storms in California.

Thank you for the responses.
Stay safe and enjoy life, it’s still a wonderful place to hang out.
Paul
🐸🙏🏼
MESSAGE THREAD
Checking In · 10-13-20 12:05pm
by Paul
Re: Checking In · 10-14-20 6:22am
by Beholden
*Star* Re: Re: Checking In · 10-14-20 4:15pm
by Paul
Re: Re: Re: Checking In · 10-14-20 4:36pm
by Beholden

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Beholden.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3377702