SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3379207
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1742964
Contests With A Christian Theme
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 20, 2020 at 12:49pm
UPDATE: PROMPT clarification!
Attention: To everyone who has participated in the previous contest for "The Lighthouse Poetry Contest I would love to invite all of you to enter this special occasion the "Birth of Christ." I am running a special contest, the WINNERS are to be showcased in December in time to celebrate our Father's birth into this world. I would like you to use the book of Luke to give you inspiration into the birth of Christ our Lord and Saviour. I have changed the prompt in order to explain the prompt I am looking for. This will still give you time to make any changes to your pieces if you have decided to enter. I apologize if I didn't explain it correctly the first time.

"OCTOBER/NOVEMBER PROMPT"

The book of Luke

Please, take a journey through the book of Luke and meet our Lord Jesus, His birth, and the start of His ministry. Be amazed at His authority over disease and death and hear His call to surrender, repent, and be forgiven of our sin, following Him into a renewed relationship with God, our Father.

I don't know about you, but devotional apps help me stay on track. I came across this one. It is by Mike Raiter "Daily Insights from God's Word" it's called "Journey through Luke." I believe that the book of Luke will give you {as well as it did me} an insight into the birth of Christ and His journey. After studying it, how does it affect you in today's society?

Please, no more than 20 lines, and please read all the rules. You may pick a verse from the book of Luke to use about His birth. I will run this as the "Author of the Month" in December and all winners this month will be showcased. I want to HONOR HIM for His birthday! Your Prompt: His birth, highlight what His birth means to you. I would like you to add the verse that inspired you to the BOTTOM of your page.

Example: And this day a child was born
           one who will change my world.

Please BOLD and COLOR IT in GRAPE so it stands out for my eyes, the rest in BLACK... LOL, It is much easier for me. Thank you *Heart*

Please NO more than 20 lines and make sure you read all the RULES, SORRY to repeat but sometimes you have to. I wouldn't want you to disqualify yourself. Rule # 9. Please add word count, line count, the verse used, and the prompt to the BOTTOM of your page.

[Refresh to load countdown.]

Let your creativity flow,

The beautiful image Amanda designed for me.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
A signature for exclusive use of winners at the 2019 Quill Awards
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
UPDATE: PROMPT clarification! · 10-20-20 12:49pm
by LegendaryMask❤️

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, LegendaryMask❤️.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3379207