*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3387254
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 24, 2020 at 4:38pm
Re: Re: Philosophical thoughts in quarantine.
I would suggest kindness is more important than smart. A good heart makes life worth living. Intellect can get in the way.

Which is not to say that intellectuals aren't needed. I'm pro-science and somewhat skeptical about many things, but I have a moral compass that helps me choose how to live my personal life.

I mostly write poetry and flash fiction. I only have a few words to paint a picture that hopefully evokes some emotion. If not... I'm better off writing an essay. I do rant away at times.

Unless you live in a multi-cultural city with friends from many diverse backgrounds different and similar to your own ... it becomes far too easy to live in one's head without any real outside experience (baling hay, fixing a car, nursing, climbing ... anything tactile can help). One can study the great philosophers sitting on a mountaintop, but if you want to eat it helps to know the way down into town and how to ask for food.

Unlike many of my friends, I went to school in another city, then another state, then another country. I travel ... a lot. I've lived in rural areas and in the inner city. Each place taught me something. I would suggest to all teenagers that they need to get out of their comfort zone.

I'm old enough to be your grandfather. Doesn't make me smarter though! (I wish... *Bigsmile*) As for wiser? *Laugh* But I have experienced cultures and languages, different perspectives, (and have eaten far too much!).

So... I suggest kindness. Everywhere I've gone I've met kind people and the quote "I can always depend upon the kindness of strangers" is more true than not.
MESSAGE THREAD
Philosophical thoughts in quarantine. · 10-07-20 9:30am
by Gabogame3
Re: Philosophical thoughts in quarantine. · 10-07-20 10:10am
by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024
Re: Re: Philosophical thoughts in quarantine. · 10-07-20 10:19am
by Gabogame3
Re: Philosophical thoughts in quarantine. · 10-11-20 9:53pm
by Gabogame3
Re: Re: Philosophical thoughts in quarantine. · 10-23-20 12:08pm
by ☮ The Grum Of Grums
*Star* Re: Re: Philosophical thoughts in quarantine. · 11-24-20 4:38pm
by Kåre Enga in Udon Thani

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3387254