*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3410896
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 26, 2021 at 1:21pm
Edited: March 26, 2021 at 1:23pm
Re: WritingML for tables
Hi! Tables require complex coding. Even just a single cell of it needs four to five or more html codes. You can make tables here using HTML codes but HTML only works with webpage items made available for members with premium and higher paid membership.

But there might be one way to make use of tables. I haven't tried it yet but I will once I get into a bigger screen (I'm writing this through my phone). Just give this a try. I'll update this post tomorrow after testing this in my office pc.

Well, you may create a static item and make use of drag and drop to upload your excel or word files containing the fully furnished table you wish to embed in your activity item. Then using the insert {insert:#######} WritingML, insert your static item on any item you have in your portfolio. This should work as long as the item is in your port and not items of other members and of course an upgraded membership subscription at least. If you wish to make updates on your table data, do so on your source file, reupload it on the same static item and it should automatically update the insert.

Again, this is just an opinion right now. I will test it tomorrow or you may test this yourself. This might not sound helpful right now, but there's no harm in trying. If this won't work, then perhaps The StoryMaster could make this happen in the next update.

Thank you!

MESSAGE THREAD
WritingML for tables · 03-26-21 11:49am
by J.B. Ezar
*Star* Re: WritingML for tables · 03-26-21 1:21pm
by GERVIC 🐉 House Targaryen
Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-26-21 1:24pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-26-21 1:35pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-27-21 12:15am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-27-21 4:04am
by J.B. Ezar
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-27-21 4:27am
Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-27-21 4:03am
by J.B. Ezar

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3410896