Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #2012128
Closed for judging
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 19, 2021 at 8:42am
Edited: September 6, 2023 at 6:34am
Rule Clarifications
by Tileira
Do I need to be a member of World Weavers ?

No. When you register your intent to participate in the Championship, you will be added to the group as a Contestant by one of the judges. If you then wish to remain in the group as a Member after the winners are announced, please say so. Otherwise Contestants will be removed when the round is over.

Existing Members of the group should also make sure they are changed to "Contestant" rank when participating in a Championship round. Both ranks have equal privileges.

Do I need a certain level of W.com membership?

So long as you are a W.com member of any level and can create items, you can participate. Unfortunately we cannot accept participants who are not members of the site.

How are the entries judged?

This depends on the priorities of individual judges. It is important to ensure your entries are submitted promptly, have been checked for spelling and grammar, and follow the rules laid out above. Beyond that you need to answer the prompt as fully as possible, watch the details and just give us something you enjoyed writing.

It is critical that your item has no Membership Restrictions! If the judges cannot get your item open, it cannot be judged and you cannot win! If you want to hide the item, use Access Restrictions to make it a World Weavers group item.

Will I get reviews?

This depends on the individual judge and the depth of the reviews will depend on an individual judge's time constraints. I will send a review, even if I have to do it after the winners are announced. We will also keep a list of winning entries in the forum.

I missed the contest, can still get feedback?

Yes. Outside of contest season you can link an item in the World Weavers' Network  forum to request feedback on your world building. You can also highlight WDC items which you think are useful articles or are great examples of world building, or submit an article of your own.
If you drop out of the contest and go back later to complete all the prompts, I will be happy to review the item.

I want to be a judge. What do I need to do?

First you need to email me so you can be added to the World Weavers . During the Championship or at the end of the round you need to read all entries from all contestants and provide your top 5 contestants to the other judges (in private! Not in the forum :P). How you select these favourites is your choice, but this is a world building contest so that should be the weightiest part of your consideration.

The only prerequisites to becoming a judge are that you must be a member of WDC and able to review items up to 18+ in content. If you are not comfortable reading GC and XGC content, please let me know ahead of time.
After the winners have been announced you will need to confirm whether you want to stay in the group as Judge or Member. If you don't mention otherwise, you'll be removed when the Contestant list is cleared.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Rule Clarifications · 04-19-21 8:42am
by Tileira
Re: Rule Clarifications · 08-21-21 9:49pm
by Past Member 'murphyco'
Re: Re: Rule Clarifications · 08-22-21 5:42am
by Tileira
Re: Re: Re: Rule Clarifications · 07-25-22 12:05pm
by Leslie Loo
Re: Rule Clarifications · 07-25-22 12:10pm
by Tileira

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Tileira.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3416608