SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3417600
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2245217
This is for a Bible study group.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 24, 2021 at 1:15am
Re: Re: My Poem for the Week of April 19th, 2021
Marvelous Friend, sorry for taking so long to respond, but end-of-school-year stuff has kept me running the past couple of days.

"Am I doing better at making it interactive?" I think you're facing the same thing I faced when I was creating prompts for Chris' group, "Take Up Your Cross." The Bible is so full of meaning, that even the smallest verse can become a sermon or even a sermon series. I think you are doing well. I praise you for your encyclopedic mind. Your entries, that are posted to illustrate the topics are a wealth of information. The sad truth is that we live in a society, which has been trained to have a short attention span. You're making the topic interactive, but there are few of us, who ever seem to take time enough to write extensively on the Scriptures.

"Do you have any suggestions?" You could consider letting your topics run for two weeks, rather than just one. During this couplet of weeks, you could continue your daily advertisement newsfeed posts, but break down your Encyclopedia page with its wealth of information into much smaller sections for greater consumption for a larger number of people. Focus on those smaller sections as daily prompts.

Just remember, that The Bible is a library of books, and it is the world's only Living Book. (Hebrews 4:12) Those of us, who know Jesus as our personal Savior have been created a second time. Our spirits are alive. We understand this Book, that is alive, too. However, as a Living Book, the Bible is so full of information and relationship with the Living Lord Jesus, even those of us, who want to study the Bible are spending our entire lives learning, seeing, discovering, and cherishing the new concepts, that the Lord brings to us in our daily Bible studies every day.

We can never exhaust what we can learn. We are on the Road to our Home Country, where we have never yet been, and our only Roadmap is the Bible. This is a great guide on our way Home, but there is One, Who is even better. John 14:6 says, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.". The point is simply this. We don't really need a roadmap when we are walking with the One, Who is the Way. He can take us there. However, if we have His expressed Will in His Roadmap, then The Way can help us to understand, and follow the Roadmap to a much greater degree.

Now, let's "come full circle" and "bring the concept home." If you and I are overwhelmed at times as to how to properly cover these concepts in God's Word, then just think about what is happening to others, who may not have as much time as we do to focus on these concepts.

Everything you write and post is so full of information and Truth, that the average reader sort of "glazes over" when they see it. You've helped us so much by bringing everything together in one location. So, I don't want you to stop writing these amazing pages, which illustrate the topics, but I do want you to consider creating "bite-sized" advertisement pages for the average reader. When you give a topic and then list every resource you have available every time you create a post, then it is often too much to read for the average reader.

When one post focuses on "Feasting on the Word of God," and another focuses on your prayer group, and yet another focuses on something else, then I think you will increase your readership.

I pray these words are helpful, and not hurtful in any way. You are doing an amazing job of representing and loving the Lord by your daily life. I think it's like trying to run with a world-class marathoner, who can maintain a five- or six-minute per mile pace throughout the entire 26.2-mile race. The average runner is amazed and totally impressed. We're just having a challenge maintaining that pace.

Blessings, Sis. It is so obvious, that you love the Lord. Keep doing what you are doing. Just pray and keep tweaking it as He directs.

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
My Poem for the Week of April 19th, 2021 · 04-21-21 5:22pm
by Jay O'Toole
Re: My Poem for the Week of April 19th, 2021 · 04-22-21 6:58am
by Marvelous Friend
*Star* Re: Re: My Poem for the Week of April 19th, 2021 · 04-24-21 1:15am
by Jay O'Toole
Re: Re: Re: My Poem for the Week of April 19th, 2021 · 04-25-21 9:41am
by Marvelous Friend
Re: Re: Re: Re: My Poem for the Week of April 19th, 2021 · 04-25-21 9:44am
by Jay O'Toole

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Marvelous Friend.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3417600