*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3418674
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1403831
For newbies seeking mentors and writers needing support via their peers; stop by today!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 29, 2021 at 5:20am
Re: Hi 😊 & Thank you!
Hallo, hallo!

Okay, first impressions - not knowing the full context of this paragraph, I'll go with my gut reaction.
Nice imagery; the use of the dam and the subsequent flux of emotions is conveyed well to the reader. It allows us an insight into the thought process of the narrator and we are introduced to what problems she might be dealing with.
However, though the rest of the paragraph continues to expand on our narrator's inner turmoil, the distractions come with the grammatically errors dotted here and there. You sometimes mix tenses, for example:

>>I used whatever strength that was left in me to control it, to force a smile and pretended like I was the strong

Since most of the paragraph is using the past tense, perhaps this section might read better as:

>>I used whatever strength that was left in me to control it. I forced a smile and pretended like I was strong...

(I actually broke that phrase into two sentences as it read better to me out loud - which I sometimes do when writing)

There were also wrong punctuation marks used; using small letters in place of capitals and not using contractions with some words that require it.

So yes, you still have a bit of work to do to polish it, but don't hesitate to take advantage of the many writing classes/groups available around Writing.com to help you with such things. For instance: "A Writing Exercise

The best of luck with your craft! *Bigsmile*

Everyday is Earth Day!
Angel Army Signature

*Note3**Bullet**Note3*Kiya's Published Works  *Note3**Bullet**Note3*
*Note5**Bullet**Note5*"Kiya's Graphic Designs Portfolio*Note5**Bullet**Note5*

GROUP
The WDC Angel Army  (ASR)
Dedicated to promoting positivity, encouragement, and support to the WDC community.
#1188309 by iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen

Helpful Links for Newbies!
"Writing.Com 101 | "Wandering through Writing.Com
Part of the Cleaners? Feel free to sport this sig!
MESSAGE THREAD
Hi 😊 & Thank you! · 04-14-21 9:58am
by Blind Desire
*Star* Re: Hi 😊 & Thank you! · 04-29-21 5:20am
by iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3418674